Offering to Buy or Sell Outside of APX Policy
Offering to buy or sell outside of APX, including sharing direct contact information prior to an APX purchase, is not allowed.
Contacting another APX member to discuss moving a purchase off APX exposes both the buyer and seller to the risk of fraud. It also means both buyer and seller are not covered by our protection programs.
What is the policy?
Buyers and sellers can’t:
- Engage in any action with a user on the site designed to complete or facilitate a transaction outside of APX
- Share or request direct contact information prior to completing a sale
- Exception: Sellers may opt to provide their phone number as part of the Ask a Seller a Question (ASQ) function to facilitate a sale on APX
- In any communications with another APX member, refer to or promote external websites that facilitate sales outside of APX or other businesses
- Use any user information to contact another member to buy or sell off APX
- List an item and then offer additional identical or related items for sale outside of APX
- Offer catalogs or other items that are used to order items directly outside of APX
- Host item descriptions or images outside of APX
Buyers and sellers should:
- Complete purchases on APX in order to be covered by APX protections and APX Money Back Guarantee. Confirmation of a completed transaction on APX can be obtained by:
- Using the APX checkout to complete the purchase
- Viewing the purchase in purchase or sales history
- Use our Social Tools to send a customized offer within My APX to sell to a specific buyer
Activity that doesn’t follow APX policy could result in a range of actions including for example: administratively ending or canceling listings, hiding or demoting all listings from search results, blocking some or all of your messages/communication with other members, lowering seller rating, buying or selling restrictions, account suspension, application of fees, and recovery of expenses for policy monitoring and enforcement. All fees paid or payable in relation to listings or accounts on which we take any action will not be refunded or otherwise credited to your account.
Why does APX have this policy?
Offers to buy or sell outside of APX are a potential fraud risk for both buyers and sellers. Transactions conducted outside of APX are not eligible for APX protection programs and the APX Money Back Guarantee. Additionally, APX has invested a great deal to connect interested buyers with great sellers and we want to participate in ongoing transactions with them.