We charge two main types of selling fees: a feature vendor or product fee if you request to be a feature vendor, and a final value fee when your item sells.
If you are a free registered member APX charges a final sales transaction fee for each closed transaction.
The amount we charge does NOT depend on the item’s price, the format and category you choose for your listing, any optional listing upgrades you add, and your seller conduct and performance.
Feature Seller fees
Feature seller fees will only apply if the seller chooses to pay extra to be featured on the first page or headline categories. This fee ranges depending on time frame however, after choosing this option, there will be no refunds and item will run it’s course until time paid for has ended.
Final Sale fees
We charge a final Sales fee of 7% when your item sells. (Stripe or PayPal both charge the same: 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction.)
This fee is calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale. The total amount of the sale is the amount the buyer pays, including any shipping and handling charges. Sales tax isn’t included in the calculation.
Fees for Classified Ad listing format
APX offers 4 custom classified packages. Insertion fees for each vary from FREE to $15. There are no monthly reoccurring charges for these packages and users will only be charged once. Our “In the Rear” pack is $1. “On the Front Line” pack is $5. “Officer on Deck” pack is $15.
You can use the Classified Ad format in the following categories:
Additional final sales fees
You may be charged final value fees if you violate our policy of buying or selling outside of APX, or we may apply additional final value fees if you are not meeting our performance expectations.
Buying or selling outside of APX
If you offer or reference your contact information or ask a buyer for their contact information in the context of buying or selling outside of APX, you’ll be charged a final value fee based on the total amount of the sale even if your item doesn’t sell. In this situation, the total amount of the sale is determined as follows:
- The total amount of the sale is the listings starting price, or the price identified between the buyer and seller, whichever is highest.
Sellers not meeting performance expectations
Additional final value fees may apply on sales in the following circumstances:
- If your account doesn’t meet our minimum seller performance standards for the US at the time of sale, you’ll be charged an additional 5% on the standard final value fees at the time the item sells. Go to your Dashboard to check your current seller level. This fee does not apply to Paid Members and APX Top-rated Sellers
- If your rate of ‘Item not as described’ return requests is evaluated in your service metrics as Very High in one or more categories, you will be charged an additional 5% on the standard final value fees for sales in those categories. You can view your personalized service metrics on your Service Metrics dashboard in Seller Hub.
Final Sales fees are capped in ALL categories -If you have a Store subscription/Membership this will NOT effect you. However, additional final value fees for not meeting our minimum performance standards and/or for having a Very High rate of ‘Item not as described’ return requests, are not subject to maximum final value fee caps. Any additional final value fees will be calculated as a percentage of the total amount of the sale, including shipping. We’ll indicate which listings are subject to additional fees on your Account Summary
Note: If your account isn’t meeting our minimum seller performance standards and you’re rated Very High in your rate of ‘Item not as described’ return requests at the time of the sale, you’ll only be charged the additional final value fee for not meeting our minimum seller performance standards.
Payments processing fees
When using PayPal, you will receive buyer payments to your PayPal account, then PayPal will charge payments processing fees for each transaction. Contact PayPal for payments processing fees information.
Other terms and conditions
- All fees are in US dollars
- Fees may apply if you end your auction-style listing early
- The fees on this page apply to listings on myapx.shop. If you list an item on another APX site (for example, dumpmygear.com or myapx.shop.uk), the fees for that site will apply
- Seller fees don’t purchase exclusive rights to web pages on APX or any of it’s domains. We may, in our sole discretion and without consent from or payment to sellers, display third-party advertisements (including links and references thereto) and listings from other sellers on any APX page
- Depending on the tax legislation of your country of residency, local Value Added Tax (VAT), Goods and Services Tax (GST) or similar consumption tax might apply in addition to your APX fees.