Get help with a hacked account
If you need help with a hacked account or think someone is trying to take over your account, we’ll work with you to secure it. For your protection, we may place a temporary hold on your account.
Whenever there is suspicious activity related to your account, it’s important to act quickly. If you think your account is compromised, first check whether anyone with access to your account made changes to it or used it to buy or sell.
What to do if your account was hacked
If your account has been taken over or compromised, the first step is to try to sign in to your account.
If you can sign in to your account
If you can still sign in, take the following steps:
- Change your password immediately.
- Notify Us right away!
- Verify your contact information and payment details. Check your contact information, your shipping addresses, and your payment information. If anything was changed by the person who took over your account, change it back.
- Check your active bids and listings in My APX to make sure they’re yours. Contact us for help removing unauthorized bids or listings.
If there’s been no fraudulent activity on your account, you don’t need to contact us.
If you believe your APX account is compromised, we recommend changing the password on your personal email account as well. Your email account password should be different from your eBay password.
Signs your account was hacked
If your account is compromised, you may notice some or all of the following:
- Changes to your password, contact information, or address details
- Messages, offers, or purchases that you didn’t make or send
- Listings that you didn’t create
If someone used your APX account without your permission, you should contact your credit card company and your bank. You may want to file a police report.