Open an APX Store
To open an APX store is like eating your first ripe mango of the season. And subscribing to an APX Store membership not only gives you discounted fees and more free listings per month, you also get access to additional tools to manage and promote your business.
How to set up your APX Store
First, decide what subscription level you want: Noob or Veteran. When you’ve chosen your package, here’s how to open your store:
- Go to Choose a Store Subscription.
- Find the APX Store type you’d like to subscribe to and choose Select and review.
- Select the subscription term (yearly or monthly) and enter a name for your APX Store.
- Select Submit order to purchase the APX Store subscription.
Naming your APX Store
When you choose a name for your APX Store, we’ll create a website address (URL) for you. We’ll remove special characters (such as apostrophes, spaces, &, !, $, etc.), add hyphens between words, and make all letters lowercase.
For example, if you name your APX Store “Fetts Gear,” your store URL will be: https://myapx.shop/str/fetts-gear
Here are some things to keep in mind when deciding upon your APX Store name:
- It can be your APX username as long as it meets the requirements above.
- It must start and end with a letter or number.
- It can’t start with four or more consecutive letter As.
- It can’t start with an e or E followed by more than a single number.
- It can’t contain the following characters: <, >, or @.
- It can’t be the username of another APX member.
- It can’t contain “www” anywhere in the name.
- It can’t contain two or more consecutive spaces or non-alphanumeric characters.
- It can’t end with a top-level domain abbreviation used on the internet such as .com, .co.uk, .net, etc.
- It can’t be a name that is identical or confusingly similar to another company’s name which is protected by trademark law. Also, you can’t use a name that contains the words “APX” or “PayPal” or one that is confusingly similar to those names.
Choose a name that immediately tells buyers what you sell. For example, a straightforward name such as “Ben’s Outdoor Gear” will be more helpful to buyers than a creative name such as “Ben’s Gear.” This will also help search engines find your store when buyers are looking for the kinds of products you sell.