Payment holds on your sold items
We know how important it is for you to receive your money as soon as possible. However, sometimes APX or PayPal needs to put a hold on your funds until your transaction is complete.
If you see a payment pending in your account, it may be because either PayPal or APX placed a temporary hold on it.
PayPal payment holds
In some situations, PayPal may place a hold on your payment. Check your PayPal account to see if there’s a PayPal hold. You can also contact PayPal for more information.
APX payment holds
If you’re a new seller who hasn’t established a selling record yet, we may put payments from your buyers on hold. You’ll become an established seller when:
- It’s been more than 90 days since your first successful sale.
- You’ve had more than 25 transactions and $250 in sales.
We may also place a payment on hold if we find any risk in the transaction, or if your buyer reports an issue, we may place a hold on your payment until the issue is resolved.
APX payment holds for established sellers
If you’re an established seller, you’ll usually get access to your payments immediately, but there are some reasons why your funds could still be placed on hold:
- Your Seller Dashboard rating has been below standard for 90 days.
- You’ve started selling in a new category.
- Your account shows unusual activity, such as a sudden increase in APX Money Back Guarantee cases.
- Your buyer opened a request for an item they didn’t receive or an item that didn’t match the listing description.
- You need to add tracking details to an item in order for an APX Money Back Guarantee case to be resolved.
For more information, see our article on seller levels and performance standards.
We recommend sending your items as quickly as possible (with tracking)—you’ll keep your customers happy and get the fastest access to your payments.
When funds become available
Here are the time frames when your payment will become available:
- Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered if you pay for shipping and print labels on APX.
- Within 24 hours after we confirm the order was delivered if you ship directly using USPS, UPS or FedEx.
- 7 days after the latest estimated delivery date if you don’t upload tracking information, but you mark the item as shipped in My APX.
- 21 days after the buyer pays if you don’t provide tracking information, mark the item as shipped, or the estimated delivery date can’t be calculated. In such cases, we may use buyer feedback as a delivery confirmation along with other factors.
We may also hold funds for 21 days if we determine the transaction to be a risk. Category, price, and seller standing can all contribute to this decision. You can identify this by the estimated release date in the sold section of My APX.